Send Products Containing Lithium Batteries Abroad Safely and Securely
If you need to ship products with lithium batteries internationally then PACK & SEND can help you to package your equipment securely and ensure that the shipment is compliant with regulations wherever you are sending to.
For deliveries of shipments with lithium batteries included in the equipment to an overseas destination - be they laptops, mobile phones or more specialist equipment - trust us to get your shipments to their destination without the risk of problems arising. This can include equipment used in the medical, high-tech, data processing, laboratory, broadcasting or the construction industries.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SHIPMENTS OF LITHIUM BATTERIES THAT ARE NOT CONTAINED IN THE EQUIPMENT THEY ARE DESIGNED FOR ARE TREATED AS DANGEROUS GOODS AND CHARGED AS SUCH.
These tough restrictions exist because lithium batteries can contain high levels of energy and if they short circuit during transit they can produce heat. What’s more, if the casing is damaged, then the internal chemical components can catch fire and this obviously has serious safety implications for shipping.
When you transport lithium batteries overseas they are classified as hazardous materials. This will mean that not all shipping companies will be able to handle them as it is very important that they are packaged and labelled correctly. Indeed, with the new restrictions, many carriers will not accept them at all and the cost will undoubtedly run into £hundreds to send individual batteries abroad.
Deliver Products Containing Lithium Batteries Internationally – Click Here to Start Your Orderget a quote
PACK & SEND can handle almost all equipment that contains an internal rechargeable battery, but there are some restricted items that require specialist attention and can be costly to ship. Contact your local store for more advice and information.
There are two main types of lithium batteries: lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries, which are rechargeable; and lithium metal batteries, which are non-rechargeable. There are different requirements for different batteries, and you are responsible for providing an MDS for the batteries in order for the shipment to be assessed.
A few general things to remember if you plan to send lithium batteries globally include:
• When sending any loose batteries (including non-rechargeable) it is essential that the terminals of the batteries are covered with electrical tape or insulating caps
• Internal protection is required for your batteries to stop them from making contact with other batteries
• Under no circumstances can batteries be packaged in large quantities and you should consult the latest guidelines to check the restrictions that apply to the type of battery you wish to ship
• If the batteries are inside an item then make sure that the item cannot turn on during transit
• Use secure packaging to prevent the batteries from moving and to avoid crushing
• Never ship damaged or recalled batteries
• Do not pack any batteries with metal items or in metal containers
• Make sure that the batteries are labelled correctly according to the latest regulations and the requirements of the country to which you are intending to export the batteries.
Ship Laptops, Mobile Phones Containing Lithium Batteries Abroad – Begin Your Order Here
Let us do the Packing for You
Better to be safe! If you are unsure about the regulations and packing requirements when you ship lithium batteries overseas then let the experts handle it for you. At PACK & SEND we can handle these materials safely and give you guidance and advice on whether they can be shipped to your intended destination and help you avoid any problems with delivery.
We provide a complete packing service for lithium batteries and associated products and other complex shipments and we are aware of all the latest restrictions and requirements for deliveries of lithium batteries internationally.
A Complete Service for Deliveries of Lithium Batteries
At PACK & SEND we can provide you with a complete packing and delivery service for lithium batteries within the constraints of international regulations but be aware that this is a specialist and costly service and not appropriate for domestic lithium batteries not contained in their equipment. At the same time we can provide you with secure delivery for your other electronic equipment including computers, laptops, servers, rechargeable handtools and much more.
Deliver Products Containing Lithium Batteries Internationallyget a quote