Home >> IT & Electronics Shipping >> Lithium Batteries
Shipping Lithium Batteries Safely
Send Lithium Batteries Abroad Safely and Securely
If you need to ship products with lithium batteries internationally; at PACK & SEND we can help you to package your deliveries securely and ensure that they are compliant with regulations wherever you are sending them.
For deliveries of shipments with lithium batteries overseas - be they laptops, mobile phones or more specialist equipment - trust us to get your packages to their destination without the risk of problems arising, whether you operate in the medical, high-tech, data processing, laboratory, broadcasting or the construction industries.
Changing Regulations When You Transport Lithium Batteries Abroad
When you deliver lithium batteries internationally you should be aware of the various regulations that are regularly updated for these consignments and all shipments are ultimately assessed by carriers on a case by case basis.
The reason why these restrictions are in place is because lithium batteries can contain high levels of energy and if they short circuit during transit they can produce heat. What's more, if the casing is damaged then the internal chemical components can catch fire and this obviously has serious safety implications for shipping.
When you transport lithium batteries overseas, they are usually classified as hazardous materials. This will mean that not all shipping companies will be able to handle them as it is very important that they are packaged and labelled correctly. Indeed, many carriers will not accept them without strict inspections of the packing agents.
At PACK & SEND we can help you out with your lithium battery powered item deliveries to ensure that your packages are safe and meet all international requirements.
Deliver Products with Lithium Batteries Internationally – Click Here to Start Your Order
Ship Lithium Battery Powered Equipment Overseas: Packing Tips
PACK & SEND can handle almost all equipment that contains an internal rechargeable battery, but there are some restricted items that require specialist attention and can be costly to ship. contact your local store for more advice and information.
There are two main types of lithium batteries: lithium ion (Li-ion) batteries, which are rechargeable; and lithium metal batteries, which are non-rechargeable. There are different requirements for different batteries, and you are responsible for making sure that your batteries are packaged correctly and that they comply with regulations.
A few general things to remember when you send lithium batteries globally include:
• When sending loose batteries it is essential the terminals of the batteries are covered with electrical tape or insulating caps
• Internal protection is usually required for your batteries to stop them from making contact with other batteries
• Wrap the lithium batteries individually by using a plastic bag, bubble wrap or specialist insulation material. Batteries cannot be packaged in large quantities and you consult the latest guidelines to check the restrictions that apply to the type of battery you wish to ship
• If the batteries are inside an item then make sure that the item cannot turn on during transit
• Use secure packaging to prevent the batteries from moving and to avoid crushing
• Never ship damaged or recalled batteries
• Avoid packing lithium batteries with metal items or in metal containers
• Make sure that the batteries are labelled correctly according to the latest regulations and the requirements of the country to which you are exporting the batteries.
Ship Laptops, Mobile Phones and Lithium Batteries Abroad – Begin Your Order Here
Let us do the Packing for You
Better to be safe! If you are unsure about the regulations and packing requirements when you deliver lithium batteries overseas then let the experts handle it for you. At PACK & SEND we can handle these materials safely and give you guidance and advice to help you avoid any problems with delivery.
We provide a complete packaging service for lithium batteries and associated products and other complex shipments and we are aware of all the latest restrictions and requirements for deliveries of lithium batteries internationally so we can help you to avoid any delays and problems with your deliveries.
A Complete Service for All Deliveries of Lithium Batteries
At PACK & SEND we can provide you with a complete packing and delivery service for lithium batteries whether you are sending a single battery or a major consignment. At the same time we can provide you with secure delivery for your other electronic equipment including computers, laptops, servers, rechargeable handtools and much more.
Send Equipment with Lithium Batteries Abroad – Contact your Nearest Store Today for More Information