Home >> International Shipping >> Delivery FAQ
Delivery FAQ Information
Delivery FAQ: Information & Advice
If you need to ship an item internationally then there are a number of things that you should be aware of. Shipping comes with a number of restrictions and laws surrounding what you can and cannot send overseas. On this page we provide you with some information about dangerous goods and other important points to better help you to prepare your delivery for international shipment.
If you have any questions or concerns about your delivery, remember that you can call us at PACK & SEND and we will be happy to assist you in any way that we can.
Can I Send Dangerous Goods Overseas?
Dangerous goods are not accepted by PACK & SEND for transport on regular services. The ‘No Dangerous Goods’ declaration on the PACK & SEND consignment note must be completed by the customer or the consignment will not be accepted.
What do Dangerous Goods Include?
Dangerous goods can include any of the following items:
• Explosives including ammunition, fireworks and incendiary devices.
• Gases including aerosol sprays such as fly spray and deodorants, cigarette lighters, LPG containers, scuba diving tanks and fire extinguishers.
• Flammable liquids including paint, bleaches, drain cleaners and petrol.
• Flammable solids like matches.
• Oxidising materials like hair and textile dyes, fibreglass repair kits, certain adhesives.
• Poisons, drugs and medicines.
• Radioactive materials.
• Corrosives including wet cell batteries.
• Miscellaneous goods such as mercury thermometers, perfume and nail polish, toys containing batteries.
Can I Send Machinery in My Shipment?
At PACK & SEND, we can deliver machinery such as lawnmowers and motorbikes in shipments. However, you must ensure that they do not contain any dangerous goods, such as petrol, oil and wet cell batteries, before you pack them. If the item has a fuel tank or fuel container then it is must be completely drained of all liquid fuel before dispatch.
What Should I Do If I Am Unsure Whether My Shipment is Dangerous?
The best thing to do is contact PACK & SEND. We will be able to inform you whether your item is considered dangerous and whether we will be able to ship it for you either on regular services or via one of our specialists services.
What Other Essential Information Do I Need to Know About Deliveries?
As well as the above information concerning dangerous goods, please also read through the following information about sending your shipment with PACK & SEND:
• Our Terms & Conditions
• International Aviation Security
I Cannot Find an Answer to My Question. What Should I Do?
If you have any question that is not answered in the shipping FAQ information and advice section above, please contact PACK & SEND directly or visit your nearest PACK & SEND store. We will be happy to provide you with any information regarding your shipment.